WeCreativez WhatsApp Support
The MegaFM team is here. Please send any message or question

Student Dies From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Kitgum

An internet image of a charcoal stove. (Courtesy photo)

A teenage boy has died of Carbon monoxide poisoning in Corner village, Orom Sub County in Kitgum District while his 15-year old brother is in critical condition.

Bruno Acaye aged 18, a senior two Student of Jubilee Secondary School in Karenga district was discovered dead inside their room at around 9; 00am today while his young brother Obama Emmanuel aged 15 year was in critical condition.

Their room was broken into by community members after their mother got concerned when they did not come out of the house.

Hajji Walire Marijan, the Deputy District Commissioner Kitgum, confirmed the report saying Oboma was rushed to Namukora Health centre IV for treatment.

He said the siblings inhaled carbon monoxide from a charcoal stove where beans had been left boiling over night in the room coupled with poor ventilation of the house they were sleeping in.

This now brings to three cases of death by Carbon monoxide poisoning in Aswa River Region in the last 8 months.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

scroll to top