Police Fire Department this morning put out fire that nearly reduced a vegetable oil factory in Ojwina ‘B’ Ward, Lira City West in Lira City to ashes.
According to reports, Rolex Cooking Oil Factory went up in flames at around 2am.
The massive fire is suspected to have been sparked by short circuit.
Preliminary investigations indicate that the fire destroyed 120 jerry cans of cooking oil and four oil milling machines.
Other items destroyed in the fire incident include 70 tons of soybeans, 50 tons of sunflower and 30 tons of cakes.
Jimmy Patrick Okema, the North Kyoga Regional Police Spokesperson said in a statement that police and other Good Samaritans battled for hours to put out the fire.