Over 20 million shillings is needed to repair and furnish the maternity ward at Lanenober health center 111 in Omoro district which was destroyed by fire last week.
The fire caused by a short circuit destroyed 5 beds with mattresses, a solar now lighting system and delivery record books.
Okello Peter Douglas Okao, the Omoro District Chairperson said the fire came as a result of a short circuit on the solar batteries.
He said the maternity ward was completely damaged and now needs major rehabilitation.
He said they have for now improvised a room at the health facility where mothers are delivering their babies.
Okello said they have written to the ministry of health and the Army at the 4th division requesting for support in rehabilitating and furnishing the ward.