The news is by your side.

20 Unyama Residents Infected With Typhoid

0

At least 20 locals of Kinene village in Unyama Sub county, Gulu district have been infected with typhoid after drinking unsafe water from a swamp.

The affected are mainly children and women who contracted the disease in the last two weeks.

Richard Amone Kiyonga, the Local Council One chairperson Kinene village said all the three boreholes in the area broke down a month ago forcing locals to resort to swamp water which has also caused some to suffer from scabies.

Amone has called on the Gulu district health department to intervene.

William Onyai, the Gulu district health Educator said they were yet to be informed about the situation but that it would be addressed.

Typhoid is a bacterial infection that can lead to a high fever, diarrhea, and vomiting.

The disease can be fatal and is often passed on through contaminated food and drinking water.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You cannot copy content of this page